WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
A junior art / creative director assists, plans, and executes design projects and other creative materials. This can be for newsletters, websites, magazines, emails, ad campaigns, books, and advertisements. You are the creative lead within our agency and work with a team. Must create, plan, and deliver a strategic vision for clients.
- A degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A bachelor (4 year) degree is preferred.
- 3-5+ years design experience in an agency setting is required.
- If no degree is possessed, then 6–8 years related experience in agency setting is required.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience required; you have excellent communication skills and are cultural sensitive especially to Asian culture.
- Must possess exceptional computer skills. Mac operating platform a must. PC knowledge a plus. Thorough knowledge of the following software applications is required, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, scanning software, Adobe Photoshop, and any widely utilized word processing application. Ideally also 3D packages for 3D projects.
- Demonstrated ability to think Analytically and Creatively while providing marketable solutions in conceiving, developing, and branding tactics and knowledge and skills to execute these with the team.
To routinely conceptualize strategic and creative brand solutions that effectively communicate the strategic brand building intent for each tactic within the assigned product(s)/Service(s).
- Primary Responsibilities: Art Direction/Graphic Design/3D Design
- Personally, work on the graphic development of at least one product.
- Interact with Copywriters to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned product(s).
- Possess solid understanding of the science and market dynamics of assigned product(s).
- Work closely with account executives to schedule and monitor all projects.
- Provide accurate time and cost estimates for each tactic.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks, as directed by MD.
- Secondary Responsibilities: Client Relationships
- Advise client on all technical visual recommendations and/or issues.
- Help facilitate both the input and creative meetings.
- Assist in making presentations to client.
- Tertiary Responsibilities: Staff Development
- Provide detailed direction to designers.
- Assist in the education and development of designers.
- Mastered composition techniques (multiple elements and interactive pieces) in producing polished final pieces (i.e., attention to detail, good knife).
- Comprehensive computer photo-retouching and image development skills.
- Demonstrated complete understanding of:
- Colour theory and colour relationships.
- Typographic terms that identify type forms and the specifications required to refer to typographic settings (i.e., points, leading, picas, kerning, tracking, cap-height, x-height etc.).
- Perspective and space relationships.
- Page composition and grid structures.
- Print production process, knowledge of production techniques, and correct disking procedures.
- Photography and the photographic process.
- Presenting ideas and concept with the right amount of visuals.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate thorough knowledge of assigned product(s).
- Provide effective direction at photo shoots.
- Effectively check and approve work on press.
- Effectively collect electronic materials for output.
- Effectively handle multiple assignments at one time.
- Manage challenging situations both internally and with the client.
- Command respect of freelancers and designers and be able to effectively oversee their work.
- Understand working with other cultures.
Increased responsibilities and direct reports as the Agency and its affiliates continue to grow. As a general guide, Art Directors will be trained and developed to become Senior Art Directors.
REPORTS TO: Founder
SUPERVISES: 2D/3D Designers
- Work at first from home; our new location is pre-paring for a new team
- You can work individual and are proactive
- Excellent English for calls, writing and presentations
- You show proven design and project management skills
Orange Branding is a Dutch brand design agency in China and Amsterdam that works with two types of clients:
- Asian companies that want to become an international brand
- Foreign brands that want to enter the Asian market
We provide our clients with brand services that range from Brand Strategy (positioning, brand strategy, innovation) up to Brand Design and Market Activation set-up. In-house we manage the design processes of: Logo, VI/CI, Product & Packaging Design, Retail Design, Digital Design (UI/UX), Marketing Communication and Brand Touch-point design.
Our partners execute the Influencer Marketing Strategy and Campaign, and Programmatic Advertising for our Digital Brand Clients.
Ideally you have experience as designer in an Agency, or have exceptional skills and work.
You will work on projects in various industries like: Consumer electronics, lighting, FMCG, automotive, home decor, luxury, jewelry, fashion, government, homeware, etc.
Your job will also include management tasks and work closely with the account managers, CEO, expert advisors and partners in Amsterdam, Singapore, Guangzhou, Shanghai. However, your main job is to manage and guide the designers and work alongside with them on executing design projects. You must have a natural curiosity and have excellent design skills and able to work in 2D and some 3D software
If you are available per direct? We can provide you with detailed Job Description or discuss these opportunities by video call at first and after meet in Porto for further details.
Call with us in WA: +852 6936 7081
Contact: Mr York (Jorg van den Hoven)